Friday 19 January 2007

OMG Finished!!!

I can't believe it. For the first time in my life I had wanted to knit something for myself and actually carried the thought through to reality and then completion! Not only that, but it fits which is a bonus.

So presenting to one and all....my Sahara

Please excuse the lack of blocking, the inappropriate undergarments and the flab. These pics made me realise that I must lose some weight. I can't go to Europe looking like this!






I made a few changes, but nothing too exciting. Instead of the Tilly Thomas I used SWTC Oasis (100% SoySilk). I think the colour was Canyon but I can't remember the number. Went up to a 4.5mm for the body and 4mm for the lace, but probably could've gone to a 3.75mm if I had any. I didn't want short sleeves and didn't have enough for long sleeves so I thought I do a good mid-season 3/4 sleeve. The best bit is that it only took 2 weeks, which is lightning fast for me.

I'm really happy with the way it's turned out although the minimal seaming is terrible as I have no idea what I'm doing, and the lace is a bit bunchy. I'm hoping blocking will sort that out. I just have to learn how to block :)

Oh, and this is a small, which is right for my 34" bust and will look better when I have smaller hips and waist :)

6 comments:

knottygnome said...

it looks beautiful! i love the colors, and i really like the 3/4 sleeves. i might have to do the same with mine.

Bec said...

Seriously beautiful and the best Sahara I have seen and I am not just saying that :) Awesome job!

Kaz said...

that is so swish - nice one

Tracy said...

Wow that looks wonderful :)

Joh T said...

flab?? theres no flab! looks great:)

Mel :) said...

wow, you did such a great job! congrats it looks wonderful!!!